Monday 2 April 2012

Challenge 366 Childhood

As soon as I saw the word I knew what to photograph and the reason behind buying this house.  Bluebells!  My memories of my dad are always associated with bluebells.  Sadly he died when I was four years old yet I can remember going out in early spring to the woods near Rhiwbina to look at the bluebells.  I still love them today and wish I could bottle the scent of them, the true scent of them.  The woods behind our house is always full of them and a few have now travelled into our garden across the ditch especially for me.  I went out to do some gardening earlier and there they are the first few are opening.  Its like my dad is there with me however strange that sounds.  So the bluebells are the one flower I think of when I hear the word childhood.






7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful memory. I love Bluebells too. My parents let me have the bit of garden by the driveway- and bluebells grew there in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful memory !
    It's amazing how smells or tastes or sounds can bring us back so many years ago in an instant. This happens to me regarding my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos to go with a lovely memory

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember driving past bluebell woods on our way to the sailing club when I was a kid. no idea where the woods were just that they were beautiful.
    A lovely plant to remember your dad by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love bluebells. I've grown some native ones from seed and they look like long grass at the moment. I am looking forward to them flowering. I wonder how many years it will be before they do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos and a lovely memory

    ReplyDelete