Saturday 2 November 2013

My two are all grown up! Happy Birthday Sarah and Daniel xx

A special day today but really do not know where those 18 years have gone and in some ways I feel quite sad.  My children are all grown up and can now vote, go into a pub and buy a drink and be seen as an adult in society.  They will still remain my children though no matter how old they are.  Love them to bits.

I was up early this morning and had sorted their pressies out for them when they came downstairs.  Always have to make sure they have the same or at least equal value in their pressies.  And then I waited........ and waited.




I even decided to go around the garden and take some photos of the remaining flowers whilst I was waiting, a bit wet out there but even so it was fine for a few shots and will be good to look back on and see what was growing.












Whilst waiting for them to appear the Argos man came with a delivery and then came the lady from Tesco with our food shopping.  All of a sudden Daniel appeared......now that did surprise me as I really thought it would be Sarah who would appear first but no it was Daniel........   We waited for Sarah to appear as they have always liked to open their pressies together.

Finally they were both together and a fun time was had trying on their new watches


And of course if you get a tin of celebrations you just have to sort them into layers don't you?






Once the pressies had been opened, the money counted up, their thoughts turned to food and of course, Sarah would have to have her bacon and mushroom sarnie for her birthday breakfast.  Daniel said he wasn't too hungry but still managed a bacon sarnie too.

Looks like a good day out there now, think it may be time to go and locate my hedgehog house amongst the leaves and would it be too cruel to see if my darling son would like to finish painting the fence on this fine morning?

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Joan and a very happy birthday to Sarah and Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday to them, I didn't realise they were twins!!

    ReplyDelete