Sunday 29 July 2018

Wide Awake at unearthly hours



Funny how when lying awake you hear every creak and turn made especially if the bed is somewhere strange.  Well that was me last night as we arrived late evening in our apartment in Boston. I don't know how well I slept really, I am sure I will find out later today as the tiredness gets to me but for now I am awake but not quite raring to go.....

This re blogging is all thanks to Fiona, who encouraged me to have another go.  So here you are Fiona, especially for you, I will recount my travels and hopefully continue my ramblings on the other side of the pond on my return. 

Sarah and I are lucky enough to be on our adventure - a 29 day holiday visiting Boston, New York and then Orlando.  Sarah said yesterday that Orlando feels like "home from home" as we have visited it quite frequently and we both love it.  Yesterday however we flew from Heathrow to Logan International and thanks to Martin's frequent flyer trips we were able to travel first class, a lovely experience.  We arrived at Heathrow for our flight at 6.30pm around about 3.00ish.  Check in and security was so easy, taking about 15 minutes in all, if that.  We then walked over to the Concorde Room and relaxed in the lounge area enjoying a sparkling water!  No point in starting on the hard stuff just yet!


Now, anyone who knows Sarah, will know she loves to research holiday information and also she loves her food.  Well, here she was in her element.  We had chosen to have some lunch, albeit a late lunch in the Concorde room restaurant before our flight.  So after a little bit of lounging in the lounge we headed off to eat....some great choices.

I chose the soup of the day, followed by the roast chicken and then the ice cream and wild berry trifle whilst Sarah chose the ham hock terrine, the salmon and the healthier option of fruit salad, along with a side dish of chocolate ice cream.  Well have to say it was a lovely meal and a great start to the eating side of  our holiday.















Well it was soon time to leave the Concorde Room, do a little shopping en route to our gate at C57.  We always seem to have so little time and hurry off to the gate to find we are sitting there just waiting.  However we weren't there for that long really before we were boarding the aeroplane and taking out seats.  Settling in with a glass of champers is always a good place to start on our holiday.  We had a bit of a wait as the call went out for any crew member with nursing experience - we thought oh no this isn't good however we later found out that one of the baggage handlers loading the place had injured himself, so he was sent off for medical treatment and a new crew were brought to finish the job.  We were delayed for a little while but not too long before we were off into the air.  

I will continue with the rest of our adventures when I return either from the shower and getting ready or even when we get back to the apartment this evening as not sure what and when Sarah has in mind to be leaving.....


2 comments:

  1. Im so glad you have decided to start your blog again Joan! Have a fantastic holiday and I’ll look forward to reading about it 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fiona, and thanks for the encouragement

    ReplyDelete