Monday 30 July 2018

Image result for memory quotes
A morning ponder

Lying in bed this morning, even before the sun had risen its head, I was just thinking of our holiday and the memories that we are making  Made me think about what memories are.  For me most of my memories are good, yes I have some sad ones but even looking back over them, it has made me the person that I am today and even if tinged with sadness, I can find the good in them too. 

I am very grateful that I can afford to come away on holiday with Sarah for a multitude of reasons - financially we can do it, time wise we can afford to be away but the greatest of these is the fact that my 22 year old daughter is happy to come away with her mum.  I love the fact that we are making memories together, not of the places we are visiting, there is that of course, but of the time we are spending together.   Times that I will cherish and look back on.  Memories can be of simple things - this morning eating cheesecake for breakfast - it was soooo good but not something you would really think of doing at home!  Sorry no foodie picture here, it is long gone.

I love the time I am with her, I love the relationship we have.  I may take loads of photos to fulfil another hobby or two but it is the time we spend together sharing our thoughts and words is the most precious of all.  

So shoes on feet, sun cream on body and purse in hand off we go for another day of memory making and in a couple of weeks the memories will be made with the other members of the family.

Image result for memory quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment