Wednesday 1 August 2018

These feet are made for walking.....

And that is what they are going to do...... all 19,459 steps or translated into 12.95km.  We certainly aim to see what we can of the city of Boston in a variety of different forms of transportation.........................we managed on foot, using the T (the underground system here in Boston), the Duck tour both on land and water and the trolley bus all in one day.  Have to admit the old feet are rebelling a bit this morning as I sit on the sofa and write - slightly tender but once on the move again they will be fine I am sure.  Sarah, I might add is still slumbering  zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As you might have guessed yesterday was a mammoth day of sightseeing.  We left our apartment (must remember photos today of the apartment) at about 7.45 not to return again until after 8 in the evening.  Yes it is just a base but lovely to come back to and very spacious for the two of us and means that we can just have a bit of time to relax spread out on a sofa at the end of the day.  It also has two bedrooms and two bathrooms so no waiting for each other to shower as we get ready in the mornings.  I digress.


 I found some photos of the apartment so thought I would share before my mind wanders off again to another subject as I tend to do when I start writing.

This is my first ever booking of an apartment or any accommodation using Airbnb and I have to admit to being a little apprehensive.  Well you never know what the area is really like, how far out of the city it is or is it really going to be like what it is in the photos of the advert.  I chose a superhost apartment which had numerous reviews which were very good apart from one recently. I think it may have been a disgruntled visitor.


I have no complaints.  I love the space here
and the apartment is clean and meets all our needs.  It is in a good neighbourhood and not too far from the T station about a 8 minute walk which even at the end of the day is fine.  So all is good and we would book through Airbnb again I am sure.  I know Daniel has used them previously for his various trips around the world.

See I told you I digress...........


Well as I was saying, our mammoth day started with a ride up to Boston Harbour.  Another beautiful day of sunshine and a walk taking in the sights.









 We were heading off to the Aquarium this morning but booked our Duck Tour before heading in.  I didn't take any photos of the outside of the Aquarium as it wasn't the prettiest of buildings at all - thankfully we were looking at what was inside and not outside.  Loved the feel of the Harbour area though, a place of hustle and bustle especially early in the morning and the weather could not have been more perfect today. 


We enjoyed the Aquarium, it is not as big as some now but it was worth a visit with our "Go Boston card".  Normal entry cost for an adult is $27.95 - trying to work out how worth it was our ticket but love it for the convenience of missing the queues at the ticketing office.
I think the favourite of the exhibits had to be the turtle.
  Have to stop there off on our travels.


4 comments:

  1. your writing is like a breath of fresh air. Thank you for sharing
    I have no words to appreciate you over great articles provided. Check out now for more info CSUF Information

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pg Slot สล็อต เว็บตรง เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ แตกง่ายจ่ายจริง แจกหนัก แตกหนัง กับ เว็บ pg-slot.game ของเรา ที่กำลังมาแรง แซงเว็บเกมอันดับต้น ๆ ไปหมดแล้ว สมัครสมาชิกได้แล้ววันนี้

    ReplyDelete
  3. โปรโมชั่น pg slot มากมาย เล่นง่ายจ่ายจริง แตกจริง ต้อง PG-สล็อต เท่านั้น! เล่นสล็อต พีจีสล็อต เว็บไซต์ตรงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ชั้นหนึ่ง ทกลอง เล่น ฟรี พร้อมโบนัส

    ReplyDelete