Sunday 29 December 2013

A sleepy Sunday but relaxing and a good way to meet neighbours.

Didn't plan much for today as I just wanted to get some school work done and dusted, I don't want to let it all pile up until next weekend and then be rushing around at the last minute. 

So literacy planning was done and dusted this morning in readiness for our new book.  I read this a couple of weeks ago and wasn't sure what I thought about it but then when I looked at the planning for this book I could see how the children would become engaged in the story.  With all the flooding at Christmas this book is quite appropriate for the children to study, not just in literacy but in our geography topic.  I am sure we can bring other subject areas in as well, PSHCE and art no doubt will feature in our planning around this book.  We had great success when we worked on our last book with them - "The Princess' Blanket", even the boys were engaged and were quite happy to write love letters, news reports etc.  Let us hope that this book creates the same activity with both boys and girls.

We woke to a lovely frosty morning, rain is forecast for the rest of the week though so cold was good today.  I had to just take a few pictures of the lawn with its coating of white.
Even the rabbit run was frozen
Back garden



Front garden 
We spent the afternoon looking at trees in the back garden with our new neighbours and the neighbours from the house behind ours whom we hadn't met before.  Hopefully we will be getting someone in to remove the fir tree that is in the back garden and has developed a bit more of a "lean" than it had before the storms.  
This evening I intend to sit down and watch some films and have a relatively early night with my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment