Tuesday 31 December 2013

A day of lists, time to ponder.

Had to make a start today on all the jobs that needed doing so of course I resorted to writing lists as I usually do - the satisfaction of crossing jobs off that list is amazing.  First job was to unpack all the shopping that the Tesco man delivered in the pouring rain....the weather again was not pleasant at all.

So today was spent booking hotels for Sarahs university interview visit as we have decided to drive up there on the day leaving nice and early and then staying overnight as the whole interview process does not finish until 5.15.  I don't fancy driving back in the dark on unfamiliar roads if I don't have to.  We have booked into the East Midlands Conference Centre at the DeVere Hotel.  Got a good price for dinner, bed and breakfast for us.


  I think it is a better idea and I know I will be more relaxed about the whole thing.  She could take herself up there but I thought it might be good for to have company and it is in half term as well.

Next job was to finish those dreaded  writing targets and pop them into my literacy planning.....tick.  Then came the maths planning... a week on time for us to plod through.  Always a good one to do as useful in the real world.  Spent quite a bit of my own time looking for the work I wanted them to do but that is another thing done.  I might try and spend a bit of time this week getting another week or so of planning done and then I can relax a bit at weekends when I am back at school.  Spent some time also doing bits sorting out some of the children's finances from years ago and completing Sarah's CRB form for her for her to take to the university interview.  best to get these things sorted now rather than hunting for them when we needed them in 7 or so weeks.  Yes I also spent time counting the weeks to the next half term....you can tell I am not happy in my job when I do that before I even go back.  Only time will tell though as what 2014 will bring....

Managed to get everything I wanted done.  Late nights were catching up with Daniel so he took him off to bed early...yes 7.30 is early for him.  Sarah seemed to spend her evening flitting from one room to the other to have a chat to who was around and I spent my time reclined on the sofa watching a film.  Bedtime was around about 9 with my cosy pjs, my comfy duvet and my latest book.




Not sure what I think of this yet, still getting into it but it is light reading and I do enjoy a little light reading.  Tomorrow will be another day of lists I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment