Wednesday 1 January 2014

A Quiet New Years Eve

What horrible weather to end the year on!  Rain, rain and more rain and heavy showers as well.Even got soaked walking to the post box!




  A day to get some work done and some other chores but eventually you need to get out and about so went off for a mooch around the shops.  Still miserable out there then though.  Went off to get the animals some supplies - new water bottles this time.  A little look in M and S, nothing much around there and drop off a parcel at the Post Office for Martin.  I lead such an exciting life don't I? 

We were having an evening in so just got a few bits of food and we were all set.  Daniel, at the last minute, decided to go out to a friend's house.  Martin drove him as I didn't want Daniel out on the roads later that evening, I always worry about spiked drinks etc, other drivers on the road.....shall I go on? Martin will pick him up when he needs to get home but he decided to stay the night.

Sitting down, relaxing, watching telly and the door bell goes.  Our porch is open so I went out to find a mysterious box sitting there and when opened revealed a lovely bouquet of flowers from my friend Cheryl and family as she thought I had had a dreadful start to Christmas with no electricity and wanted the old year to end with something nice.  A lovely, lovely thought which certainly brought a smile to my face.



Very lucky to have such good friends.
We stayed up to watch the fireworks on telly and roundabouts although why some people start at about 11.15 I don't know.  In truth it was more a case of going to bed with my book and then getting back up nearer to midnight as there is nothing much of interest on telly on New Years Eve really.  I did sit down and watch Holby City which I enjoyed but apart from that my book held my attention more tonight.  The fireworks were lovely but I was tucked up in bed by 12.30 again with my book by my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment