Saturday 28 December 2013

And the sun is now shining!

After a particularly windy Christmas, I look out the window this morning and see relative calm out there. The sun is even shining.  We have just dropped mum off to the coach station for her coach home, have spoken to my cousin on fb and he is going to pick her up at the other end - not that she knows this, so it will be a surprise for her.  Martin is talking about, note I said, talking about sorting out the fence in the front garden.  It will be the first time he will have been outside over the Christmas period as laziness seems to have set in.  Daniel is still tucked up in bed and Sarah has retired back into her room to read I think.

I am considering a trip to the local garden centre to see what bargains can be had..... looking at a jacket I spotted before Christmas..... you never know.  I also need to make a list of things to get done now over the next week as I don't want to leave school work and things like that until the end of the week rather than do bits here and there as I go along.  Looks like I could be heading out to collect fencing bits and pieces as well as I know Martin will not just do it himself.  He needs that extra kick up the behind.

Had some lovely gifts over Christmas though and am very luck.  Some I have put away others I need to sort out today.

This is my stocking that my lovely daughter made for me with some of the things I love best and supplies of hot choccy for next term.

  
This is a selection of the gifts I received, some from my family and some from friends and the children at school.  Clothes have already been placed upstairs in the wardrobe and I might just remember to photo them later.

Just had to nip out and help the menfolk sort out the fence which is now laying on our front lawn.  Sarah was called into action as well.  They find it difficult to do things independently around here......May even have to go shopping to get the metal posts to go into the ground next...



Also have had a chance to nip to Tesco and pick up some quick essential supplies and the local garden centre to buy a jacket that I have had my eye on for a little while now - just a waterproof regatta jacket that was reduced and will be good for wet playground duties!

Oh going to be called for duty again.... I heard the inevitable words "Where's your mother gone?"  Looks like I am off out to Sainsburys Homebase.

1 comment:

  1. Lol to menfolk eh!!!!

    Thank you for popping on to my blog and wishing you a healthy and happy 2014 and hope to continue to blog and see you blogging still? Who know we might meet up one school hols???

    ReplyDelete