Friday 20 January 2012

A day out in London.... it was work.


Had a lovely day out in London today and I was working as well. Didn't have any children with me but I went with two colleagues to the National Gallery. We were on a course for this year's "Take One Picture". Its a national programme where the Gallery chooses a painting from its collection and schools across the country take the picture and complete work around that picture. We took part last year for the first time and I think that picture was easier than this years. This one is by Willem Kalf and it is called "Still Life with a Drinking Horn". However we were given some good ideas to bring back to school and will try and work something into the curriculum and enthuse the children. We had time to wander around the Gallery as well and look at some of the other pictures as well. Will certainly have to get my thinking cap on this one!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good day.Not an easy picture to work with.

    ReplyDelete