Friday 1 August 2014

Summer holiday - things to do

Well first job on the list was to clear out that filing cabinet...... and help was on the way to make me do it.........I have misplaced Sarah and Daniel's passports..... still can't find them despite turning the filing cabinet inside out and giving it a good old clear out.  So might as well admit defeat and apply for new ones with up to date photos.

Ellie has been here to help, she pops in daily, disturbing me at whatever I am doing and just sitting on my lap at the most inconvenient time - ever tried to type with a cat sitting on the laptop?


 

Sarah has had a busy few days as she went down to the farm to help with the movement of the heifers and the calves.  She came home shattered after some long days with a bit of a sun tan....... and a poorly foot as this time she had a water trough dropped on it.  Let us hope it does not affect her jumping ability on Saturday.  It is a lovely shade of blue and purple at the moment but I am sure it will be fine.


The weather has been glorious so I have tried to spend some time in the garden when I can, I find early morning best as it is cooler and I can get more done.  Did all the dead heading, planted my lovely gifts from friends from school.  However I also thought I needed to do a bit of revamping and therefore have painted one of the old seats we have.  Whilst painting it, it looked grey, but it has turned a lovely shade of willowy green and I am very pleased with it.  It will be good to just sit on in the shade of the evening and chillax in the garden with a book.  I think my next little purchase may well be a paddling pool to cool down the tootsies.


Also been out there taking some photos of the black walnut tree in our back garden - it has a tree preservation order on it so pruning and cutting back is a no no without the relevant permission.  I think we need to raise the canopy a little and also take some of the height away hence there I am early morning taking photos of the tree to send to the planning department - more form filling.


Well that is about it for now.  Not sure what today is going to bring but we shall see.  Thinking about painting the fence, you can see where mum did one panel for us but I really do need to get on and do a bit more of it now as had asked Daniel to do some but little or no action was seen in that request.

It is lovely though to have time to potter for now and I am really enjoying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment