Saturday 17 March 2012

Missing in Action or maybe just in "hiding"

Following the visit from the big O in school I really didn't feel that I had the energy or inclination to chat.  I was really ill during their visit as well and just about managed to get through the visit.  I did get a good from them for my lesson observation and was told I could do this or that etc to improve even further.  Well yes I could and did if the person observing had come in twenty minutes before he did or followed me around school for the past few months.  There is only so much you can do in a twenty minute observation.  Shame the same inspector did not see the child who was running around the school a few years ago creating mayhem, sitting there concentrating and "learning", or the same child who have never been on a school trip due to unpredictable behaviour, come on a trip to London the previous month, on public transport etc.  Yes, am sure any teacher can understand fully where I am coming from....... However to be an Ofsted inspector you seem to have to wear blinkers and look only at numbers and not at individuals.  I have never seen a school so angry as I did the other week and that includes our governors and the local clergy.  We haven't had the report yet but we are not expecting much.  


With all that and a dreadful cough and cold I have not felt much like chatting or blogging, losing the will to natter.  Hopefully with the support from good friends and colleagues things are now getting back on an even keel.  I have had a lovely week in school, no I didn't plan this week at all.....rebellious behaviour took over!  You know the week worked as well and we achieved some fantastic work.  I went off to the local cross country meeting with a group of children on Thursday and had a wonderful time as well.  I have also been asked to take the boys and girls to a football tournament in the last week of term as well and so will be looking forward to that.  Teasing one of the boys in my class ( a little bit of a handful) told him that he would have to contend with me at the football if he went, he said "That's okay I will enjoy that!"  Well that made me realise why I teach!  

1 comment: