Wednesday 29 February 2012

366 Challenge - Grey and Extraordinary

Well I didn't even manage to get my camera out yesterday to do anything as it was a busy day in school and a busy evening with the children delivering to various places.  So I am going to cheat and you one of my photos taken today for yesterday.


Shades of Grey
Today I went with our Year 6 classes to Southwark Cathedral to do a drama workshop based upon the Olympics and the Ancient Greeks.  We had extraordinary day out of school, impeccable behaviour from all of the children both travelling to and from London and in the cathedral.  I can honestly say I enjoyed the day with them all and was very proud of them.  I even managed to get outside the cathedral and take some fantastic shots as well as inside at the extraordinary architecture.  A lot of the stone inside the cathedral is grey so I am putting both words together.  


Looking upwards












The extraordinary shot for me was the one of the cross at the back to the cathedral with the art work of David Mach.  I decided looking at it all day that I didn't really like it for me it was too modern and I think I must be more of a traditionalist.
Extraordinary

5 comments:

  1. I agree- I'm more of a traditionalist, but that is certainly striking. How wonderful to have a lovely day with a well behaved class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinary is the word. Quite amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes you stop and think about the difficulties of religion and it's ideas. Thanks for sharing those.

    Great photos and love how you tied them together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. Im not sure about the cross either it looks very tactile though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is indeed extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete